CALL FOR PAPERS - Thematic Issue: “An Overview of Tourism in Turkey”
CALL FOR PAPERS
Anais Brasileiros de Estudos Turísticos (ABET)
ABET is indexed in Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) and ISI Web of Science
“An Overview of Tourism in Turkey”
Editor in Chief
Thiago Duarte Pimentel, Ph.D. Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora/UFJF, Brazil
Bekir Bora Dedeoğlu, Ph.D. Nevşehir HBV University, Tourism Faculty, Turkey
Yusuf Karakuş, Ph.D. Nevşehir HBV University, Tourism Faculty, Turkey
Aim of the special issue
Turkey is among the top 10 countries in terms of the number of tourists accommodated for a long time. Because the number of tourists is more, tourism in the country is evolving in every sense but naturally, some problems may arise depending on this evolvement. To date, many researches have been conducted regarding different aspects of tourism activities in Turkey. However, the fact that tourism has a dynamic structure makes it necessary to examine the researches with the current approaches as well as diversified and comprehensive. With this special issue, making a general assessment of the tourism sector in Turkey, it will be presented solutions. Therefore, the purpose of this special issue in ABET is to explore general assessment of the tourism sector in Turkey and to obtain proposals for solutions.
The theme and related issues
While not limited to the following topics, we encourage scholars to focus on:
- Tourists' attitudes towards tourism activities in Turkey
- Tourists’ perception towards
- Residents’ attitude towards tourism in Turkey
- Residents’ perceptions towards tourism activities in Turkey
- Sustainable tourism in Turkey
- Tourist typology in Turkey
- Smart tourism in Turkey
- Alternative tourism in Turkey
- Employees’ role on Turkey tourism
- Pricing strategies in terms of tourism in Turkey.
- Employee behavior in tourism enterprises
- Community-Based Tourism in Turkey
- Social media in Turkey tourism
- Re-imagining of less popular destinations in Turkey
- Destination marketing and management in Turkey
The special issue editors encourage a range of methodological approaches, including but not limited to: textual analysis; surveys and interviews; mixed approaches; and case study.
Submission Notes and Timeline
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Abstracts Submissions: 1st April 2019
Abstract Decisions: 15th April 2019
Full Paper Submissions: 1st July 2019
Revisions and Decisions: 1st September 2019
Final version (reviewed by the author): 1st October 2019
Proof version to the authors (layout and journal style): 1st November 2019
Publication: 1st December 2019
Formatting and Publication
- Please read carefully guidelines of ABET.